Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone else received the "Critical Alert Regarding QBI and Amortization for Partnerships, S Corporations & QBI and 179 Limited..." ? or is this a SPAM email?

smsacct
Level 2

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

It went out to all ProSeries users that may have an affected client.  Click the little button to see which of your clients may have issues.  They sent it out that way instead of a critical alert because they evidently wanted to avoid panic in the streets from folks that didn't have any potential issues.  To avoid that panic, they created that handy dandy e-mail that created panic in all of us who have potential issues by wondering if the e-mail was real of if it was someone evil trying to create chaos with our computers. 

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
17 Comments 17
IRonMaN
Level 15

It went out to all ProSeries users that may have an affected client.  Click the little button to see which of your clients may have issues.  They sent it out that way instead of a critical alert because they evidently wanted to avoid panic in the streets from folks that didn't have any potential issues.  To avoid that panic, they created that handy dandy e-mail that created panic in all of us who have potential issues by wondering if the e-mail was real of if it was someone evil trying to create chaos with our computers. 

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
zanie
Level 2
So if I put in my Intuit Customer account number and it showed no results, I am Okay?
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
Sounds like you and your clients are ok.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
liebscher4cpa
Level 1
In my case, the link didn't work.  I do have affected clients.  This is a MESS!
0 Cheers
taxiowa
Level 8
Level 8
They sent it to me and I checked and I knew I did not have any affected clients.  I do almost all of the 1040's for all my corporate and partnership clients; then 2 days later I got email saying email was sent to me in error.  I guessed they figured out how to check the link themselves after sending notice.
0 Cheers
poolcleaner
Level 9

There have been numerous responses to this.  It is not SPAM.

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

See this recent thread that *should* have come up when you searched:

https://accountants-community.intuit.com/questions/1872987-is-the-email-regarding-critical-alert-qbi...

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
poolcleaner
Level 9
Strange! This did not come up when I searched for it.
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I searched for   'critical alert'  and got nothing too, which is weird since its right in the title of that link.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
poolcleaner
Level 9
Sounds as if the search feature is not doing everything it should do.
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15
And you are surprised ?????
I think I searched for QBI, then filtered.
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15
It does come up, as the third one down, when you type in the wording of the OP's question.
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
not sure why this didnt warrant a yellow banner alert and explanation for the email

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
we've been so over trained to not click links in email, this goes against what weve all been told.

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15
The consensus is that the PTB are trying to keep their error "under the radar".  
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
DTNY07
Level 7
I am just finding about this now through an alert on Pro series.  was closed 2 weeks around the email date, so if i received one I probably deleted it going through the several hundred emails I had come in those 2 weeks.  now I see 16 returns could be affected.  13 years using pro series.  The last two years = I am finding a new software company.  This is the last straw for me.  they should be paying for penalties and interest for any money owed on amended returns.  Plus now me a one CPA operation has 16 amended returns to file.  
0 Cheers
DTNY07
Level 7
OK I called pro series and they explained that all 16 returns may not be effected. just that those are the max it could be.  so my office manager is going through the partial submission IDs to see which returns it would be. then i match the file (which would already have been changed with the update to the return that was filed.  if no change on the QBI form, then nothing to amend.  So I may still want to torch my software, but for now I hold off.
0 Cheers