Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone else noticed when filling in the EITC option on the worksheet and click on use 2019 earned income the program pulls up 2020's earned income not 2019's?

rose1
Level 2
this is for the 2021 tax year using the Earned Income Credit worksheet
0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

It was reported to development earlier this week or last week, I dunno anymore the days are already running together.

It seems to only happen when there is no 2019 earned income to pull....is that your situation?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
rose1
Level 2

No my client had earned income in 2020 and that is what the program is pulling onto the worksheet when I say yes use 2019 earned income.

0 Cheers
rose1
Level 2

The client does have earned income in 2019 which is higher than both 2020 and 2021.  These clients are over age 65 and no children in any of the three years and the last spouse turned 65 in tax year 2020 but I don't see if that makes a difference when working in tax year 2021 when there is no age limit.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
then its a more widespread issue...its been reported though, lucky you were paying attention and caught it.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers