Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone completed an Ohio SD tax form for an earned income tax district?

jclark11
Level 3

I don't believe this calculation is correct on the SD100 for Ohio. It is not carrying forward the earned income correctly or am I missing something?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jclark11
Level 3

There is a calculation error in the software. If you are doing a SD100 for a earned income school district line 24 will be wrong.

View solution in original post

10 Comments 10
PATAX
Level 15

@TAXOH may be able to help you with this.... I haven't filed one yet...

TAXOH
Level 11

I live in an area that doesn't have a lot of school districts around me that have the tax so I don't do many returns with the school district tax.  Maybe 3 a year.  I haven't had one yet this year so I'm not sure if it's working.  Plus they didn't explain why they didn't think it was working.

PATAX
Level 15

Since they apparently dont have simple one page PA wage tax return ready yet, then I doubt if that Ohio form is ready yet, if that is the issue....just my opinion....

TAXOH
Level 11

Ohio is ready.   I've been filing them since Monday.

PATAX
Level 15

I havent tried Pa local yet, but other(s) said it is not ready. Dont plan on doing any returns until next week, just finished last payroll tax/w2 client.....

jclark11
Level 3

Tax Ohio on an earned income school district tax it is subtracting capital gains and adding interest

TAXOH
Level 11

I had a chance to look at it.  Are you going down to line 24 and filling out those lines?

jclark11
Level 3

There is a calculation error in the software. If you are doing a SD100 for a earned income school district line 24 will be wrong.

jclark11
Level 3

Typically was just a carry over from w-2 and it is but it is decuting capital losses and adding interest on a earned income tax school district

TAXOH
Level 11

You can type over it and change it to what it should be.