Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone besides me wondered why Form 8867......

dkh
Level 15

Has anyone besides me wondered why Form 8867  Question 8 reporting self-employment income does not include Schedule F ?     hmmmm...

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

5 Comments 5
IRonMaN
Level 15

Me too!

Well, not really.  I did my last farm return back in 1932, but I just wanted to make you feel better.  But for what it's worth, maybe the IRS figures it's too easy to cheat to file a schedule C but filing a schedule F would mean that someone would have had to go out and buy a cow or a tractor or something like that so the odds are too low for someone to cheat.  

Slava Ukraini!
dkh
Level 15

thanks for humoring me!     Wish I didn't do any farm returns but everyone in this county thinks their* a farmer.   

edit:  they're                 ahhh... I hate when I do that

IRonMaN
Level 15

As long as they own either a tractor or a cow, they qualify.  Owning a chicken doesn't qualify but I believe if you own two chickens you are official.  🚜 🐄 🐔🐔

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

Horses are the livestock of choice. I'm in horse and buggy country.   There was a time when deer was the all the craze.    Not tractors...most churches won't allow but you can have a skidsteer.

IRonMaN
Level 15

Well, I guess a skidsteer does look and act a lot like a horse 😯

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers