Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone besides me wondered why Form 8867......

dkh
Level 11

Has anyone besides me wondered why Form 8867  Question 8 reporting self-employment income does not include Schedule F ?     hmmmm...

Labels (1)
5 Replies 5
IRonMaN
Level 15

Me too!

Well, not really.  I did my last farm return back in 1932, but I just wanted to make you feel better.  But for what it's worth, maybe the IRS figures it's too easy to cheat to file a schedule C but filing a schedule F would mean that someone would have had to go out and buy a cow or a tractor or something like that so the odds are too low for someone to cheat.  

ACME Taxes, Tatoos, Tires and Turtles (I've expanded my line of products to better serve you)
dkh
Level 11

thanks for humoring me!     Wish I didn't do any farm returns but everyone in this county thinks their* a farmer.   

edit:  they're                 ahhh... I hate when I do that

IRonMaN
Level 15

As long as they own either a tractor or a cow, they qualify.  Owning a chicken doesn't qualify but I believe if you own two chickens you are official.  🚜 🐄 🐔🐔

ACME Taxes, Tatoos, Tires and Turtles (I've expanded my line of products to better serve you)
0 Cheers
dkh
Level 11

Horses are the livestock of choice. I'm in horse and buggy country.   There was a time when deer was the all the craze.    Not tractors...most churches won't allow but you can have a skidsteer.

IRonMaN
Level 15

Well, I guess a skidsteer does look and act a lot like a horse 😯

0 Cheers