Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Summary 1099-R printout is very useful. Why is there not one for Summary W-2?

Greta
Level 9

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Greta, here's all the summaries available in the Form list

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
9 Comments 9
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Greta, here's all the summaries available in the Form list

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

There is (at least in all previous years....I havent looked in 2019 yet), I print it out when I have clients with a dozen W2s, instead of printing the individual W2 worksheets.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
In the Where Do I Enter box type in W2 Summary  that will pull it up.

0 Cheers
Greta
Level 9
Wow, how fabulous to learn after decades of using PS. Is there a way to print a summary of 1099-misc?
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15
I had an employee that said "I learned something new today, I should be able to go home early!"
@Greta You can go home early.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
Greta
Level 9
I will definitely use the 1099-R and W-2 summaries because they provide an itemized listing of all tax slips. But the 1099-misc summary seems to give give just the total, which I already have. My client has 25 oil 1099-misc slips, and each year I struggle to make sure I have them all, it would be nice to have an itemized summary as you do with W-2's and 1099R's.
0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15
Make a schedule in Excel.

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
poolcleaner
Level 9
When dealing with that many 1099-Misc forms, it is convenient to left click on the line for entering income not reported on a 1099 and then entering each name and number on that supporting statement.  It takes very little time and gives you the list you need. I usually enter a number on that list for a total of income that was not reported on a 1099. You also have the option as to whether or not to include that statement as a part of the return.
0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15
That is a better idea.

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers