Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone else have an issue with ProSeries taking 5+ minutes to generate one e-file acknowledgement?

pam
Level 1

I always end up waiting a minimum of two minutes, and as long a 30+ minutes, for ProSeries to generate an electronic filing status history.  The EF Center view, in general, is always slow, sluggish, and often freezes.  I have had this issue for all tax years.  I would assume it is because our database is so large (3063 returns), but I often wait several minutes for only one electronic filing status history to generate.  

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee

That does sound like a fairly large database, that I am aware there have not been other trending reports of slow acks like that.  I assume you are on a network version, and if so do all users have the same dilemma in latency?  And are all 3063 active clients (if not, there is some potential to clean up the records for those you don't regularly use).

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
8 Comments 8
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee

That does sound like a fairly large database, that I am aware there have not been other trending reports of slow acks like that.  I assume you are on a network version, and if so do all users have the same dilemma in latency?  And are all 3063 active clients (if not, there is some potential to clean up the records for those you don't regularly use).

0 Cheers
pam
Level 1
We do clean up the database annually and, yes, it is a network version.  All users with e-file access have the same latency issues.  During active filing season, it takes 12+ hours/day for one staff member solely for transmitting & acknowledgements.
0 Cheers
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee
Gotcha.  Network syncing in addition to the status reconciliation is probably the EXACT root cause.  I personally would recommend either divying out the clients and doing stand alone installs on the machines, (John Doe gets clients whose last name starts with A-C at Computer #1, and he's responsible for those clients, etc.) another option is determining if another offering may be better for your office function like Lacerte.  My recommendation would be to contact us directly to have a more in depth conversation about your needs as well as the barriers you have in season.
0 Cheers
pam
Level 1
Thanks.  Because of our business model, splitting stand-alone installs is not an option.  Our firm had transferred from Lacerte to ProSeries some years back, but I'm not sure why.  However, we definitely didn't have a client base this size back then.  I'll check with the partner in charge of IT decisions and get more of the backstory.  Thanks for the info!
0 Cheers
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee
No problem, let me know what I can do to help :+1::+1:
0 Cheers
Ernie
Level 9
One thing I would make sure of is that all e-filing is done on the server where the data resides.
0 Cheers
pam
Level 1
Yes always, Ernie.
0 Cheers
MDAROSA1
Level 3

I have same issue with 2000 files, but I get an acknowledgement report of the same returns i efiled a year ago.....Although returns so efile accepted, Proseries software insists on printing an acknowledgement of all my returns in the data base. I get a 50 page report for sending one file....

0 Cheers