Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Go Home and Sleep or Stay and Prepare More Taxes?

Level 7

A tough choice.  Still need more details though of what we have to do, if anything.

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
6 Replies 6
Level 9

I've decided to keep plugging away but not at the urgency I'd normally put in at this point in tax season. I locked out clients as of this past Monday.  Dropbox exchange only.  Phone is still ringing, ringing, ringing.  I'm in northeast Indiana.  Many here (large Amish community) think this is blown out of proportion.

Level 7

I could get used to a July 15th deadline every year.

Level 7

Another CPA called me in a quandary.  He could go home and spend time with his wife and children or he could stay and crank out more tax returns.  He opted for the tax returns.

Level 8

There's always those extended Corporations to deal with. Sitting there. Waiting. Judging you with those eyes. Whoops trailed off there for a moment. I might need a power nap! 

Central Ohio here. Office is in an interesting varied community, plenty of gray-hairs and die-hard Right leaners, defiant of most all advised precautions. 

(Yes actual details would be a nice bonus.) 

Friends, don't let friends process payroll.
Level 11

@User ID 61 wrote:

There's always those extended Corporations to deal with. Sitting there. Waiting. Judging you with those eyes.

This one made me burst out laughing.  Great to see that I'm not the only one with that nagging feeling!

On a lighter note, it's been great to have both you and @dascpa  around this year.  A welcome addition to the community.

Rick

Level 11

Are you in California?  Because it's a quandary there.  As I understand it, medical marijuana dispensers are essential businesses, but tax practitioners are not. 

"You can make an appointment or walk in, and know we are following guidelines with your safety in mind."  -- H&R Block CEO Jeff Jones, his latest message posted March 13.