Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Global print options has no pick-list 1040 worksheet. It is automatically printing with each client & preparer copy. Is there a fix coming for this?

FTAX
Level 5

The very first item under government forms (filed with return) is the 1040 Worksheet, but there is no option for changing the fields. It is pre-filled with 'never' for filing copy and 'if required' for client & preparer copy.

I certainly don't need to print all of these extra pages. Is there a workaround for this or a software update fix coming?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I've seen others complaining about the Client and Preparer copies printing stuff they shouldn't be.  Theyre working on the Worksheet printing malfunction.

I think at the present time Intuit is fixated on getting the filing copy to be ready, client and preparer copy printing glitches are probably low on their list of priorities.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

16 Comments 16
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I've seen others complaining about the Client and Preparer copies printing stuff they shouldn't be.  Theyre working on the Worksheet printing malfunction.

I think at the present time Intuit is fixated on getting the filing copy to be ready, client and preparer copy printing glitches are probably low on their list of priorities.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Im curious, if you use Print Preview...can you deselect the unwanted forms?  or do they not even show in the list?

0 Cheers
The-Tax-Lady
Level 9
Yes, you should be able to do that. I preview all the client files before I print and eliminate forms I don't want. At least that's how it has worked in prior years.
0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13
I believe its still an issue. I print filing copy for my client and client copy (modified) for me. <----i still have hard copies. I cannot get the 1040 worksheet to stop printing. Waste of 8 pages.
0 Cheers
ben1
Level 1
Yes.  Unchecking the box when going to print while in a return will allow you to not print this worksheet.  So that seems to be the work around now.  The issue is that we should not have to do that for every return.  Fix the global printing options so it can be done once for all returns instead of having to remember to do it every time or waste paper.  I don't understand why it would be defaulted to on anyways.  Clients in general do not care about looking at that kind of stuff and as a preparer I sure do not want more paperwork in our filing cabinets.
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
I'll get right on that ------------------ as soon as I finish my "Programming for Dummies" book :grimacing:
But in the meantime, can someone tell me if the extra stuff prints if you simply print a filing copy of the return?

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13
I dont believe the extra prints on filing copy, no. But that still does not solve the issue of having the "1040 wksht" automatically print on client copy. And for those of us that still have hard copies, it is a waste of 8 pages that does not have to be if they would allow a "global" capability without having to constantly change every time to print.
0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13
Now that i think on it....you could print 2 "filing copies" and then print 1 "client copy" with any additional BS you normally print out for our files or what you give to the client. It would be easier though to make it a global function. Just my 2 cents
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
All I have ever done is print the filing copy for my files.  If that is enough for the IRS, that is enough for me :joy::joy:

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
same here...I dont even know what's included in the preparer or client copies.

0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13
its amazing what can be printed out. print client copy that i modify works well for me in what i give to my client and what I keep behind for me.
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
My normal client wants to know what their refund is or what they owe and that is about it.  Which means the vast majority never look at what I give them anyway.  I could print off a copy of the Declaration of Independence instead of the return and the majority would say everything looks good after they receive their copy :frowning::frowning:

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13
hahahah!! and for the most part, i agree with you my man.....but i print out a few things that i like to keep with my hard copy of a return that i like to have easy access to when i am sitting in front of a client during my interview.
0 Cheers
rbynaker
Level 13
I like to give them some of the worksheets, primarily depreciation schedules and the two-year comparison.  Makes it easier to answer the question of "why was my refund bigger last year than this year?"  "Because your income was up 10% but your withholding was only up 5%".  I think that might be especially useful this year when withholding is all kinds of broken.  In some cases it'll be more like "your income went up by 10% and your withholding dropped by 37%, so get out your checkbook."  I'm not sure the drop from the 90% rule to an 85% rule for 2210 penalties is going to help everyone but it's better than nothing I suppose.  I just glanced at the IRS email on that one so maybe there are more helpful details buried in it somewhere.
0 Cheers
Budrok
Level 2

Proseries Federal worksheet prints 3 pages and I’m only interested in the first page how do I fix this printing more then what I need

frank1
Level 3

Same here.  In prior yr programs, only 1st page of info worksheet would print (unless you checked the boxes for pages 2 and 3 to print).  So, this is a new problem related to 2021 1040.

Also, I notice the Sched C 2 yr comparison is printing as 1st page for client and preparer copy, with no such instructions from me via the "change print order" screen.

These glitches are quite frustrating.

0 Cheers