Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the person giving that advice to check message board work for PS? Why do I always get more info that I need but not an on point answer?

rob1125
Level 2

Why do I ever take advice to find my answer on the message board. Does the person giving that advice work for PS?  Why do I always get more info than I need but not an on point answer?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
itonewbie
Level 15

Why do I ever take advice to find my answer on the message board.

Don't have time for 10... but here're the TOP 5 reasons...

5) Because people like me have too much time to burn or we love tax too much to spend our personal time on things unrelated to tax;

4) Intuit support does not answer tax technical questions;

3) You want objective validation of your observation from other users and you may not get that from Intuit Support;

2) Peers on this board may have workarounds you can use because, just like you, they need an immediate resolution and cannot wait for Intuit to fix a software problem;

And NUMBER ONE (drum roll........)

1) YOU answered your own question: https://accountants-community.intuit.com/questions/1691256-is-anyone-in-proseries-getting-fired-for-...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
10 Comments 10
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee
What question are you looking for an answer to? Phone support is staffed by employees, the Accountant's Community (here) is other users like yourself.
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I think  "Check the message board" means "Ask your question there or see if someone else has asked the same question and it was answered."

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15
Really....folks DO that?  Search before posting?   Wow, I never, ever would have thought about doing that  /S
"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

Why do I ever take advice to find my answer on the message board.

Don't have time for 10... but here're the TOP 5 reasons...

5) Because people like me have too much time to burn or we love tax too much to spend our personal time on things unrelated to tax;

4) Intuit support does not answer tax technical questions;

3) You want objective validation of your observation from other users and you may not get that from Intuit Support;

2) Peers on this board may have workarounds you can use because, just like you, they need an immediate resolution and cannot wait for Intuit to fix a software problem;

And NUMBER ONE (drum roll........)

1) YOU answered your own question: https://accountants-community.intuit.com/questions/1691256-is-anyone-in-proseries-getting-fired-for-...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15
Jensen...you really should quit your day job & do comedy.
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15
:joy::joy:
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
mojocpa
Level 7

Hugh, is that you?

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15
:scream::scream:
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

This place is for folks helping other folks - without any pay and without many thanks.  If you feel that you are not getting the answers you like you can always call support to talk to the people paid to help.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

Given the last time you asked a question HERE was ten months ago, I don't think we are at fault.

( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers