Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting an Efile warning that returns contain overrides that could affect the transmission of returns: they are no overrides in the return.

robertmilescpa
Level 1

I have selected a federal and NY return to efile.  When I try to convert the files I get a warning that the return contains overrides.

I went back into the returns and ran the review specifically for overrides.  Both returns were clear of overrides.  I tried to efile again and got the same warning message.

I closed the program, re-opened it, ran updates and then went into the client's return and ran a complete review on the federal and NY returns.  Then tried to efile and still got the warning message about the return containing overrides.

Has anyone experienced this?  What was the resolution?

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I had this happen on Saturday, I had used an override for a what if situation, then canceled the override...apparently the program has some kind of "override muscle memory" and still thinks that its there.

If you've gone through the Review and no overrides exist, just click OK on that override warning window and Efile the return.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I had this happen on Saturday, I had used an override for a what if situation, then canceled the override...apparently the program has some kind of "override muscle memory" and still thinks that its there.

If you've gone through the Review and no overrides exist, just click OK on that override warning window and Efile the return.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee
And on side note, if you have made overrides and they are necessary, you may need to disable error checking by following these steps: https://accountants-community.intuit.com/articles/1606821-turning-off-disabling-conversion-error-che...
0 Cheers
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee
Please note that you **must** confirm there are no other errors you may be bypassing.
0 Cheers
coney_renita19
Level 2

That is good to know I received the same messages about overrides and went back to see if any corrections needed to be made  but still said the same thing. That is good information to know

0 Cheers