Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get my payment irs

fritzbar38
Level 1

Why  the irs does not recognize my social security number every time i used GETMY  PAYMENT,      THE ERROR message is THIS not what we have in our file. PLEASE HELP!!!!

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

3 Comments 3
dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

if you are married filing jointly, use the taxpayer SSN.. not the spouse.  only thing I can think of.

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Ive had several clients see the same message when they know the info is correct,  then the check arrived in their mailbox, so I can only assume the site isnt working properly.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
The-Tax-Lady
Level 9

If you prepared the return, enter the address info exactly as it is on the 1040, if not, use ALL Capitals , make sure you are putting the DOB as xx/xx/xxxx and no spaces or dashes in the SS.

If that fails, and you have someone else that you trust, let them put the info in. Sometimes we enter a wrong number and our brain does not let us see the mistake & we keep making it. I had many clients asking how I found their info when they couldn't, and data entry accuracy is the only reason.

If that doesn't work then you're on hold till they figure it out, or the check just shows up. The IRS has just assigned 3500 employees to a dedicated EIP phone line but who knows how long it will take to get thru.