Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Georgia state tax return - sent to state, no updates

DeveraC
Level 3

It's been four days since I e-filed/transmitted a fed/GA state individual tax return for a client. The federal return has been accepted, but the state is still stating "Return sent to state." I have checked the EF status and made sure my software is updated. Any word from ProSeries as to delays?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

I would just keep checking for the next couple of days.  States being slow isn't unheard of, especially with everything going on right now.  If it hasn't cleared in a week, post back here to see if anybody can shine more light on the issue.

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

5 Comments 5
IRonMaN
Level 15

Have you tried "updating acknowledgements for the return?  Have you transmitted other GA returns recently?

Slava Ukraini!
DeveraC
Level 3

Thank you for responding. Yes, I have updated the acknowledgements several times. It still only states "Return sent to state."

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

But do you have other GA returns in limbo?

Slava Ukraini!
DeveraC
Level 3

Yes, I'm sorry I forgot to respond to that. I have a total of 2 Georgia state returns that the status is not changing. I have made sure my software is up to date as well as updating the EF status multiple times.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

I would just keep checking for the next couple of days.  States being slow isn't unheard of, especially with everything going on right now.  If it hasn't cleared in a week, post back here to see if anybody can shine more light on the issue.

Slava Ukraini!