Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax Office to Open in Alabama?

hankinstax
Level 5

The much anticipated opening of Tax Services using ProSeries Professional Software in Alabama is now only eleven days off.  The issue is still up in the air due to a total lack of concern and technical inability on the part of Intuit.  Intuit has given no assurances they will make even this date.  The blame game is over as professionals involved have learned the problem is totally with Intuit and not the Alabama Department of Revenue as Intuit has claimed.  Stay tuned for updates.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ernie
Level 9

*gathering popcorn and easy chair* This should be fun!

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
Ernie
Level 9

*gathering popcorn and easy chair* This should be fun!

0 Cheers
dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

I live about 45 minutes north of Alabama, so I do a few resident returns for Alabamans and quite a few Non-resident Alabama returns for clients that work in Alabama.  working on one of those the other day, and I did the Final Review, etc and, got busy on phone, etc..and then came back to the return to e-file...and accidently (or carelessly), indicated to e-file the fed and Bama both.  The Bama return  not only got transmitted, it got accepted by the State of Alabama.  I have no idea of the end game on this....but it should be interesting.

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

My one token Alabama return came in the mail yesterday.  I am eager to dig into it next week.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

@hankinstax....If you get tired of waiting for the Alabama software to be functional, you should consider doing stand-up.  Your post is hysterical.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
benrg
Level 2

@hankinstax I bet you can go to turbo tax and get the Alabama taxes done right now.

also an Alabama PS user frustrated !!

0 Cheers