Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FYI State Tax Refund Worksheet defaulting to General Sales Tax deducted for 2017. State refunds are not being included in income if you don't manually change it.

AcctgAssoc
Level 3

If your clients deducted State & Local income taxes withheld in 2017 you will want to be sure to check the State Tax Refund Worksheet

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

They fixed that bug several weeks ago, but returns that got transferred into 2018 in Dec or early January, still have it.  You have to delete and retransfer for the bug fix to be implemented.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

They fixed that bug several weeks ago, but returns that got transferred into 2018 in Dec or early January, still have it.  You have to delete and retransfer for the bug fix to be implemented.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
AcctgAssoc
Level 3
Thank you!  We did transfer all of our clients prior to the bug fix.  I guess we'll just have to keep checking that box.  
0 Cheers
rbynaker
Level 13
You might consider re-transferring ones that you haven't started yet.  There are also some global billing transfer problems reported here that might be in the process of being fixed.  I don't use PS for billing so I haven't really been following those threads.  And who knows what other bugs might have been fixed after you transferred.  Unfortunately it's been a recurring problem with ProSeries for several years.  Many of the regulars here deliberately don't transfer early because we've been burned in the past.

In any case, thanks for coming to report it.  We get 2-3 posts per day on this but most everyone else has just been complaining about it.  I like that you arrived just to share the info with fellow users and offer a solution.

Rick
0 Cheers