Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FYI - NAICS codes are not updated in ProSeries 2020

janglemyer
Level 1

Example:  On Schedule C when entering the principal business code, ProSeries shows code 113000 for Forestry and Logging.  This code is not current.  The correct code should be 113310.  ProSeries doesn't even have a 113310 code available.

Client was denied the PPP loan because of the incorrect code.  

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

6 Comments 6
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
That Business Code list in PS is so clunky and terrible to find anything in, I dont even use it anymore, so much easier to pull the code from he NAICS website.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
IRonMaN
Level 15

If the loan was really denied for that reason, your client needs to find a more customer friendly bank to work with.

Slava Ukraini!
ihan1
Employee
Employee

Hello,

ProSeries' Principle Business Activity codes are based on the Schedule C Government instruction. Please see the instruction page 17 for the detail.

TaxGuyBill
Level 15

As was pointed out by ihan, NAICS codes don't go on Schedule C.  The IRS asks for Principal Business Codes (which are based on NAICS, but are more broad), which are listed in the Instructions.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

They really need a more efficient way to search through the codes in ProSeries.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Yeah.  I look up the NAICS code to get the first 3 or 4 digits, then I scan through the list to look for those first 3 or 4 digits.