Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

forms update

BIGPETE
Level 3

My 2021 PS software is all updated (as of 1/20/22) and I don't have any error messages regarding forms not be finalized. When I open my personal 1040 the yellow bar says "this form is NOT EF READY but can be printed".  But when I print up my 1040 it says in bold letters "DO NOT FILE"  and  "FORM  NOT FINAL"  I am hopeful that once E-file opens up that this issue will disappear. Any comments or suggestions will be appreciated.

17 Comments 17
IRonMaN
Level 15

I printed a simple 1040 last night (one W-2 and one 1099INT) and it printed without any watermarks.

Slava Ukraini!
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

FWIW  I just printed one and got the same message splattered across the front.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

Both my filing copies and customer copies come through clean, no watermark. I cant print my state but that "should" be ready by 01/27. At least I pray. 

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
well sounds like BIGPETE and myself got the short end of the stick on this one!

garman22
Level 13
Level 13

hopefully it corrects by 24th or close to it. I remember doing something specifically for illinois but that had to do with that stupid yellow bar (if memory serves)..............

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Evidently good clean living will get you clean forms - Garman and I can vouch for that 😜

Slava Ukraini!
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
yea, a remember in prior years a few states getting "stuck" and having to be uninstalled and reinstalled to remove the not final watermarking.

I'll wait and see what happens, I dont have any clients until the end of next week.

garman22
Level 13
Level 13

exactly!! I am sure it will disappear but I believe you are right. Delete the file and re-install was the fix. 

0 Cheers
hankinstax
Level 5

An annual problem which "should" fix itself.  I talked to Intuit this morning as they had sent out an alert that beginning 1/19 you could transmit.  The alert was quickly taken down.  I also talked to support and they had me rerun all updates.  This was not a fix.  Last year this problem was only corrected with an update on the day efiling began.

AnhNgoc
Level 4

Just try to uninstall and re-install 2021 Pro Series and now I have a CLEAN form 1040 without water mark!

It not works If we just run repair update tools.

Best,

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Yep, I just uninstalled the 1040, then reinstalled it, now the copies are clean.

THIS is why they need to ditch that automatic updating in the background BS!   

IRonMaN
Level 15
0 Cheers
BIGPETE
Level 3

Thank you everyone for the great advice. I uninstalled and then reinstalled 2021 pro series and all my watermarks went away!! I just wish we could go one season without some sort of big glich in the software. When I contacted our pro series 'experts' they had no clue what was wrong or how to fix it. Surprise...surprise

IntuitGabi

Great catch, @Just-Lisa-Now- and @BIGPETE. This is the first I'm hearing about this but I'll be sure to let others know! Thank you!! 

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I posted about it in the Lounge

IntuitGabi

Yes! You are the first to bring light to this. Thank you!! 

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Thank God for the Lounge 😬

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers