Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forms not final or EF ready by 3-1-22 tax return deadline for farmers

dhcpa
Level 1

I have farmers that need to file their individual income tax returns and pay by 3-1-22. Forms included on their tax turns that  are not final and the status to be final and EF ready are AFTER the 3-1-22 due date.  Some of the forms that won't be final and EF ready that impact some of my farm returns include: Form 1116, Form 8582-CR, Form 3800, Form 8801 and MO-2210.

I can't be the only CPA that is preparing farmers tax returns that this will impact.  I have been using Pro Series Professional edition for 26 years.  However, This will be a deal breaker for me on renewing my ProSeries tax software in future years if this is not fixed prior to the 3-1-22 farmer's deadline.  I will be forced to paper file returns with forms that are not final and potentially get notices and put my clients at greater risk for an audit.  I respectfully ask that ProSeries gets these forms updated prior to the 3-1-22 deadline.  

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

Most of the IRS forms you reference are final and available on line from the IRS if fillable PDF format, If it gets to the point you have to paper file, you may want to use those rather than the proseries forms that have a watermark on them.

Doesn't solve the main problem, but might help with that part.

dhcpa
Level 1

Thanks, I thought of that option as well.  It  will take more time to go that route.

0 Cheers