Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 990 information Worksheet , officer's SSN required?

CPA1
Level 2

New in 2020, there is a box for the SSN of the Officer signing the return .  See 2020 Form 990 Information Worksheet Part VI.    Obviously my client (the officer of the nonprofit 501(c)(3) is not wiling to give me his SSN because the 990 is public information and is readily accessible to the public with 2 clicks on the EO search tool at irs.gov.    The IRS instructions say nothing about this new requirement.   If I leave it blank, the box is highlighted "pink" as an error.     Is there a "workaround" that Proseries has so I can efile the 990 without entering the officer's SSN?   

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

3 Comments 3
IRonMaN
Level 15

It's a new little twist that Intuit added this year ----------- probably because someone at Intuit made another one of their great interpretations of IRS rules that only Intuit seems to interpret in that matter.  For what it's worth, the Social Security number doesn't show up on the return anywhere, so your client doesn't have to lose any sleep over providing the number.

Slava Ukraini!
CPA1
Level 2

This particular client/officer has had identity stolen before and has issues with having his SSN listed (even if I promise him it won't show up).    Thanks for the reply though.    I wish Intuit would provide us with a "way out"  

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Have you tried to turn off error checking at conversion?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers