Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 8962

Form 8962 amount of Excess advance premium tax credit repayment is not flowing to Schedule 2, line 2 & 3 and thus on Form 1040 also. Is there any reason for it or is it Proseries Software's bug/issue? 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

5 Comments 5
PATAX
Level 15

It is not a bug... I would suggest that you try to keep current on tax law changes... Read the multitude of other posts concerning this matter on this forum....Please do not take this the wrong way, I am just trying to help you... Just my opinion...

dkh
Level 15
qbteachmt
Level 15

"Is there any reason for it"

The $1.9 Trillion American Rescue Plan:

"It all began with the passage of the $8.3 billion Coronavirus Preparedness and Response Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2020, enacted into law on March 6, 2020. The $192 billion Families First Coronavirus Response Act came next on March 18.

With the passage and signing of the CARES Act into law, March 27, 2020, Congress and President Trump set into motion a massive $2.2 trillion COVID-19 relief bill and the largest single economic rescue plan in the history of the U.S.

An interim funding bill—known as the Paycheck Protection Program and Health Care Enhancement Act—added $484 billion to that total. And in December 2020, the Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2021, was passed, adding another $900 billion in economic relief amid the ongoing fallout from the COVID-19 pandemic.1

On January 20, 2021, his first day in office, President Joseph R. Biden signed 17 executive orders, including one that extended the student loan payment and interest relief, and one that extended the moratorium on foreclosures and evictions.2 On Feb. 16, 2021, the Biden administration announced that it was extending COVID-19 forbearance and foreclosure protections for homeowners again, now through June 30, 2021.3

Then on March 11, 2021, President Biden signed the $1.9 trillion American Rescue Plan into law bringing total COVID-19 relief so far to nearly $5.7 trillion.4"

Seems like you have a bit of reading to do.
"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
plrraz
Level 3

I really appreciate this community section.  This year has been unlike any other and I've been preparing returns since 1986, and have been a CPA since 1989.  This is the first year I can recall when tax changes have been made DURING tax season (and I know we were in a pandemic last year, and there may have been some changes during last tax season, I just can't think of any off of the top of my tiny pea brain).

First, the change in taxability of the first 10,200 of unemployment income, and now this. I too was trying to figure out why the repayment of the advance premium tax credit was not flowing through, and again, I'm just not used to changes during tax season on the fly from congress.

Anyway, I'm grateful that I could do a search here and get the link from the IRS. I would've figured it out eventually, but this saved me a bit of time.

dkh
Level 15

@plrraz  you're so on point with this year being unlike any other year - tax changes during tax season.  I've grow used to taking CPE at the end of the year to update me on what's changed.  Never thought I'd do some much research during the season to know what I should be doing for the returns I'm currently working on.    During a normal tax season, I check this forum every morning to see what problems are being experienced with the software.   This year has been to see what crazy changes have happened to tax law.

0 Cheers