Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 8962 Self-Employed Health Insurance ARP Patch Date?

SL855
Level 3

On 4/16/2021 the error for the 8962 self-employed health insurance said that the updates would be completed by 4/30/2021. The error message no longer contains any expected date. We are less than two weeks from the deadline. Are there any updates on this?

"Form 8962: Premium Tax Credit Liab - The recently enacted American Rescue Plan suspended the requirement to payback excess Premium Tax Credit.  The product is still being updated to exclude the repayment from the Self Employed Health Care Calculation."

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

4 Comments 4
dkh
Level 15

Based on other posts, most people have resolved to entering 1095-A but not linking it to the Sched C then manually entering the correct amount of health insurance.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

There was an update this morning, have you checked to see if this one fixed it yet or not?   I dont see an error on the one I have with this situation....not sure the SEHI deduction on Sch 1, Line 16 is correct though....the SEHI worksheet doesnt seem to show the computation at all.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Preliminary testing shows that this "fix" screwed things up FAR worse than before. It no longer does the Iterative calculation for SEHI, so if there is a credit, you are screwed.

SL855
Level 3

After the update it seems to have gone through, but I tried that with two returns that had already been filed/rejected. Even after unlinking them and manually putting in the amount ProSeries would kick them back, I guess maybe because the files had already been flagged.

0 Cheers