Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 8962, advance PTC, Product still being updated

David Connell
Level 2

With the latest update on April 15, a client's file now fails final error review.  Reason:  Product is being updated to to exclude repayment of advance PTC, form 8962.

The client file had the correct calculations on April 14, when the efile signature pages went for signing.   

See IntuitAustin comments of 3.11.21.    Intuit had this correct....no need to attach form 8962.  No repayment due.    

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

4 Comments 4
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I think they discovered an issue when SEHI comes into play, it wasnt computing correctly, so another update is needed...is that your situation?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
David Connell
Level 2

Thanks, Lisa.   I was just noting the error.   

Another update is needed, as now 8962 is calculating incorrectly...wanting client to repay.   

0 Cheers
vscpanm
Level 5

I have the same PTC error on 8962 even though there is no payback calculated on form 1040. is there an update to fix the error yet? This return was calculated 2 weeks ago with no errors. 

0 Cheers
vscpanm
Level 5

I spoke with a Tech agent and he said they are going to update the error on the form 8962 but unknown when.  Tuesdays and Thursdays are when they roll out updates. Just FYI.

He also said you could efile with the error check off. I usually don't do this unless there is no fix coming.

0 Cheers