Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 8962 & 1095/ Reply to TaxGuyBill / Details box won't open ugh

Greta
Level 9

I know the ACA clifff is gone. But is 8962 calculating MORE than repaying entire subsidy rather than less? Please explain what Form 1095 column totals mean: Column A total is $12,620. Column B total is $13,191. Column C total is $10,236. That may be my issue: I don't understand what the column titles mean. Is column C the total subsidy?

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Yes, column C is the total ADVANCE subsidy. 

In your prior post, I think you said it shows he needs to repay $2384.  So he was advanced $10,236, but only qualifies for $7852 (based on his Household Income on the 8962), so he needs to repay $2384.

Does that make sense?

I wish Intuit would fix this stupid forum.  It take FOREVER to reply to anything (I need to wait around a minute until it loads).  I think you (Greta) said it NEVER loads for you.  Have you tried using a different internet browser? It still won't work well (still a long delay), but it might get it semi-functional for you.

@IntuitBettyJo  They had sort-of fixed it for a few days, but then it reverted back to this crazy slow load time and it has been back this way for several weeks again.  Does ANYBODY care that this forum is almost useless?  I thought that Intuit was trying to push customers to this forum, but apparently they seem to not give a 💩 about it.

View solution in original post

7 Comments 7
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Yes, column C is the total ADVANCE subsidy. 

In your prior post, I think you said it shows he needs to repay $2384.  So he was advanced $10,236, but only qualifies for $7852 (based on his Household Income on the 8962), so he needs to repay $2384.

Does that make sense?

I wish Intuit would fix this stupid forum.  It take FOREVER to reply to anything (I need to wait around a minute until it loads).  I think you (Greta) said it NEVER loads for you.  Have you tried using a different internet browser? It still won't work well (still a long delay), but it might get it semi-functional for you.

@IntuitBettyJo  They had sort-of fixed it for a few days, but then it reverted back to this crazy slow load time and it has been back this way for several weeks again.  Does ANYBODY care that this forum is almost useless?  I thought that Intuit was trying to push customers to this forum, but apparently they seem to not give a 💩 about it.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

It doesnt load super slow for me, but when I post a comment it hangs for a long time, to the point where I think its going to give me an error and fail to post.  So something weird is happening.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
IntuitGabi

Are you experiencing delays on other sites or only the community? 
Thanks for the heads up. We'll keep an eye on it. 

**Did this answer your questions? If so, select "Accept as solution".
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Since I got my new computer up and running I haven’t run into that issue.  

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
Greta
Level 9

When I try to reply, the Details box is either very slow to open, or doesn't open at all. I don't have an issue elsewhere. I can't buy a new computer mid-tax-season.

TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@IntuitGabi wrote:

Are you experiencing delays on other sites or only the community? 
Thanks for the heads up. We'll keep an eye on it. 

It is only this website.  For many of us, when we hit "reply", we can't start typing for at least 30 seconds.

Oddly enough, Intuit's TurboTax forum (which is based on the same thing as this forum) works fine.

Previously, the delay was around for several weeks (or months) and I complained about it.  Then the programmers were working on it and they 'fixed' the speed for a few days (but the format of the forum changed a bit and I wasn't a fan of that).  Then a few days later it reverted back to the slow way and it had been like this for the last few weeks (or months) again.

IRonMaN
Level 15

I'll vouch for Bill.  I had the same issue for a long, long, time.

Slava Ukraini!