Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 8949 (1040 module)

adam_cpa
Level 3

When will Form 8949 (1040 module) be available?  The forms availability list says it is ready.  When I try to add this form to a 1040 it will not allow it.  Any ideas?

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

You'll use Sch D for any entries that you want to appear on the 8949, the 1099B worksheet seems to be the easiest way to use Sch D (just skip over the brokerage info and use the entry lines below)..they really should rename that worksheet to something more all encompassing.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

7 Comments 7
Dusty2
Level 7

You don't enter data onto the 8949 - you enter the data on the 1099-B

Dusty

adam_cpa
Level 3

I have a client that has a long-term gain from 7203 (restoration of loan basis gain).  The form instructions say to complete for 8949.  I don't know how to get this gain over to that form, as form 7203 does not link to it.  This form is fairly new, so maybe there are some bugs to work out.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

You'll use Sch D for any entries that you want to appear on the 8949, the 1099B worksheet seems to be the easiest way to use Sch D (just skip over the brokerage info and use the entry lines below)..they really should rename that worksheet to something more all encompassing.

RayH
Level 1

There is a check box under the schedule D page where you add details for each asset.

Proconnect screenshot.png

0 Cheers
Dusty2
Level 7

In Pro Series?  About how far down?

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

@RayH  is that ProSeries Basic or ProConnect?  It doesnt look like ProSeries Professional

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

@RayH  @Just-Lisa-Now- @Dusty2 

That's Lacerte data entry...not ProSeries.

But where did the "inherited property' part come in - that wasn't in the OP question.  Was it?

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"