Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 8915F

rcooley25
Level 11

Last week at this time I was counting down the days to March 2 when I thought we would bwe able to finally file this form. I apparently jinks thing so I will not make that mistake this week.

11 Comments 11
IntuitGabi

Hi @rcooley25! Others are just as eager as you to learn when 8915-F will be available. 
Did you receive a message from me in your private message features? 

Understandably these delays are frustrating. We're hoping to hear more about 8915-F this week. 
According the the forms finder it'll be available Thursday 03/09/2023 (keep in mind these dates are subject to change because of unexpected hiccups or collaborations across multiple teams). 

I hope you were able to get the current draft form removed in order to e-file for your clients. If you need guidance, its best to screen share with an expert. Here's how you can contact ProSeries.

I'll update this thread if I learn more. Make sure to subscribe to ProSeries News & Updates board to receive email notifications sent out by the team.  

If you're interested in how the timeline works for forms availability, I pulled some info from last years post: Forms Availability Frequently Asked Questions: "Once forms are ready, our developers work to make sure the forms in the program are updated, including all related detail input, barcodes (when applicable), and form calculations that require adjustments.... in addition to any new business rules and updated schema formatting. The forms are then tested on our end for accuracy and sent to the IRS/State Agency where they undergo an approval process....they test the transmission of the data to verify it meets the e-file schema requirements." 

I hope this helps!

**Did this answer your questions? If so, select "Accept as solution".
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

"Others are just as eager as you to learn when 8915-F will be available"

I highly doubt that.  I believe rcooley is the most eagerist tax preparer out there.

Slava Ukraini!
rcooley25
Level 11

Yes with all of the pipefitters and others in the trades that I prepare tax returns for and took money out of their 401K in 2020 you had better bet me a whole case of fireball that I am anxious for this form to be approve. 

rcooley25
Level 11

Yes I am able to get the form removed. I was making much to do about nothing. Thank you for keeping me posted on the status of form 8915F.

@rcooley25 said:

Yes I am able to get the form removed. I was making much to do about nothing. Thank you for keeping me posted on the status of form 8915F.

I'd drink to that but there is no Fireball left in the entire state!☹️

rcooley25
Level 11

What do you think folks. Do you think this is going to be ready on March 9th or are we just being fed a bunch of Bleep?

garman22
Level 13
Level 13

I would not bet money on it. Im just thankful my clients are being patient. But I had one that said she may consider the workaround if Intuit pushes it off another week. 

IRonMaN
Level 15

Just throw in a bottle of Fireball with her return and she will be fine.  I hear there are now 3 cases of Fireball available in Montana and 4 cases in New Mexico.  I know people in both states so I can get them to IL if need be.

Slava Ukraini!
nmms
Level 4

It's still not fixed in ProConnect Tax Online. I still have a Critical Diagnostic today on March 20, 2023 for a 2022 Individual Tax Return:  "Federal Form 8915F (2020) is final, but the instructions are still in draft. If you file the return, there is the potential that calculations could change, and that you may need to file an amended return when the instructions are final."

0 Cheers
rcooley25
Level 11

I cannot understand why there is a problem with Pro Connect.

The only thing I can tell you is that on pro basic it has been approved since March 9th.

All of the information was transferred from 2021 to 2022 correctly.

The tax returns have all been accepted and many of the people have received their tax refunds.

samahnsm
Level 1

I found the cause of this trouble and a solution to it. The cause is the discrepancy between IRS Inst 8915-F and Pro Series design. According to the IRS Form 8915E was replaced by Form 8915-F, but Pro Series has Worksheet 8915E (Not Form 8915E.) I had a new client who could provide only 2021 Form 8915-F.

1. When you enter data into into "8915E-T Wks" or "8915-S Wks" worksheet, Pro Series completes Form 8915-F. You can find 8915E worksheets by typing F6. Look carefully through many many lines of 8915 something.

2. You need to enter the data from 8915E Worksheet of 2020 and 8915E Worksheet  To find it, I made a guess by reading Inst Inst 8915E and 2021 Form 8915-F. The process of guessing:

Find the line numbers and amounts in 2021 Form 8915-F., Multiply the amount by 3. This is the amount of early withdrawal. Create an 1040 file with any name for 2020 in Pre Series. Enter the amounts and a fictitious date in 2020 Form 891E Worksheet. Transfer the file into 2021 and see if 2021 Form 8915F is the same that is provided by the new client. Repeat the this until I hit the goal.

When I hit the goal. I could fill out 2022 8915E Worksheet completely.

0 Cheers