Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 8915 E New York State retuns error

Edward727
Level 2

Has anyone dealt with a NYS return that had IRA/Pension income transfer from the Federal return that is filing an 8915-E relief form? - ProSeries tech support had no information about an update to correct the error but I beleive NYS is following the Federal rules

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

3 Comments 3
JimDunn
Level 2

The error I am getting is on the Pension/Annuity worksheet and there is no reason for the error but it may keep us from e filing unless you check the box to not allow error checking when e filing.  Pro Series needs to fix this.

0 Cheers
Jonesey
Level 2

Yes they do, but they don't seem to be on it.  There isn't an error. It's SO annoying.  Have you tried to efile by bypassing the error check?  Any problems?  I have several clients getting very impatient and I really don't blame them!!

0 Cheers
JimDunn
Level 2

Yes I tried bypassing the error check and it did not work.  What I did is Efile the Federal, then to get it through the State, uncheck the Covid stuff and treated the 1099R like a regular pension with code 1 so the State error was eliminated, then efiled the State and then went back and rechecked the Covid boxes on the Federal.  It worked BUT it will not work if you are using the 3 year spread.  And, I am hoping down the road there will not be a matching issue between the Fed and State but there should not be as the only difference would be the 10% penalty with the covid boxes unchecked, the AGI is the same. GOOD Luck!!!