Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 8911

cinmon428
Level 7

My client has an ev credit for his personal electric vehicle. Form 8911 is not supported. Where do I enter this information on Proseries Basic? On form 3800, line 1s, I have to override to enter the amount but that leads to an error. 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

7 Comments 7
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Forms 8834 and 8936 both refer to electric vehicles...could one of them be the form you need?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
cinmon428
Level 7

No. Those credits are for vehicles, current or past. This is for the charger for the vehicle. Form 8911 is the correct form, I believe. Check out form 3800 and its worksheet, line 1s. Alternative fuel vehicle refueling property. 

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Oh....8911 for the charging station....In Professional it looks like its suppose to be included (If I use our "Where Do I Enter" feature I see it), but Im not finding it in the forms list.

The forms release schedule shows it should be ready by 2/20 in both Professional and Basic.

https://myproconnect.intuit.com/releasedates

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
cinmon428
Level 7

Ok thanks Lisa!

Camp1040
Level 10

Yes I need that form also, and I'm waiting for the 02/20 release. The IRS still has marked as ....Draft.

wmtsang
Level 3

Hello,

I have an issue, not sure if I am doing anything wrong, when I calculate 8911 credit and put it in the statement, after saving the credit is disappearing, I mean not saving. Anybody has similar issue?

0 Cheers
Restore ACCT
Level 2

I found the steps, you want form 8911 for charging stations.

1. CREDITS 

2. General Business and Vehicle Cr

3. Go to Top and click on Energy9 Fuel Production

4. School down to : Alternative Fuel Vehicle Refueling Property Credit (8911) 

5. Enter the amount you spent in this box: Total cost of qualified property

This will generate from 8911

Screen Shot 2022-04-21 at 1.08.50 PM.png

0 Cheers