Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

form 8814

taxprollc
Level 1

Why hasn't proseries released form 8814? IRS released it in Jan. This is a common form that has not changed.  Customer service says March 31. We need this form to finalize return. 

4 Comments 4
dascpa
Level 11

Why hasn't ProSeries released 7203, 8814, 8915, and many more.  And the states too. 

Multiple choice: (a) ProSeries hates their customers. (b) ProSeries is incompetent. (c) We expect too much for paying over $7,000 for software. (d) ProSeries has not gotten final approval from the government on the software to release these forms. (e) All of the above. (f) Something else.

HuntFishTax
Level 3

Yep, being an Alaskan tax preparer sucks this year.

99.9% of all clients get a Alaska Permanent Fund Dividend, and ProSeries give us a big middle finger until 03/31/2022.

This 8814 form hasn't changed in YEARSSSS. 

TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Oh, I vote for "b". 

Although I suppose "d" is technically also correct because Intuit probably hasn't submitted it yet to the IRS, so therefore they don't have final approval.

0 Cheers

I think what really makes this so frustrating is that this year there is no extended deadline.

I hope IRS would extend the deadline to avoid more problems on their end.  For instance, I have a client whose return was electronically filed last May.  Yet, her transcript shows no return filed.  We did get through to IRS and I gave them confirmation number from Form 9325.  They found the return in a department for special handling, whatever that means.  Anyway, she had an overpayment of $5000 which was applied to 2021.   You know we are going to claim the credit and you know IRS will send her a bill for $5000.  How long is it going to take to straighten that one out?  If IRS set the date back a month or two and worked to clear up the 2020 backlog, they will eliminate problems such as this.

Anyway, the missing forms at this late date is problematic.

0 Cheers