Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 8814 not approved until 3/31/22

NTHartley
Level 3

What is everyone doing to work around Form 8814 not being approved to efile until 3/31/22 in ProSeries Professional?  Every Alaskan with PFD income in 2021 has income to report.  The kids PFD tax is $1.  Do we ignore the $1 tax or how should we proceed as no one is willing to wait to file taxes at the end of March.

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
IRonMaN
Level 15

I think other folks were complaining about that in January and their take on the matter was Intuit pretty much told them tough nuggies.

Slava Ukraini!
NTHartley
Level 3

Tough nuggies..HA... you will have to refer all of your clients over to H&R Block or else purchase other software now that tax season has been going one month?!  Seems reasonable.... grrrr.....

garman22
Level 13
Level 13

3/31?!?! Thats a joke!! Omg?! 

ehartleycpa
Level 2

I called customer support about the Form 8814 this morning. The person I spoke with was very kind but had no additional information on this and I am supposed to be getting a call back from a "supervisor".

The IRS website shows that the 2021 Form 8814 HAS been finalized and the form appears to have been finalized in Lacerte on January 19, 2022 according to https://proconnect.intuit.com/lacerte/forms-finder/. Given that Lacerte is also an Intuit product, why would it be available on that platform but not in ProSeries??

Feeling like a 2nd class citizen (or 3rd if I make the assumption that Turbo Tax has the finalized form as well). This software is not cheap by any means!

garman22
Level 13
Level 13

I've felt like PS is the redheaded stepchild of intuit since they devoted more and more resources to turbotax. 

I still feel like PS is a perfect product for my needs but I am not as confident as I was say 4-5 years ago......