Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 8606 not tranferring to 1040 line 4b

ykbce
Level 3

I have a retired client that received pension income but also has non-deductibe IRA contributions.  When I entered all of the information the taxable amount from the 8606 would not transfer to line 4b on the 1040.

Called support and spent time with rep who could not find any reason why this was happening.  Said she had to talk to a manager and I asked her to call me back.  Did not get a response so I decided to look at everything again and found the problem is being caused by the Covid distribution information.  This person does not have any covid distributions so I put o in any line that asked for the covid information.  Still did not get an entry so I over rode line 15c on the form 8606 but am hesitant to transmit without talking to support again.

Just wanted to let everyone know if they encounter a similar situation.

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Others have mentioned it, looks like its an issue in Basic only

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
8 Comments 8
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Others have mentioned it, looks like its an issue in Basic only

0 Cheers
mdilts
Level 2

same issue here..needs to be fixed

0 Cheers
ykbce
Level 3

And Form 8606 is not available when trying to print out client/preparer returns.  Is there a way to notify Intuit that this is an issue?

kharbourcpa
Level 2

Same situation. 8606 runs through the calculation but doesn't populate the taxable amount and therefore is showing $0 taxable on the return.  This would suck if it was a paying client but it's my father in law's freebie.....so I guess I'll wait for a fix from Intuit.

0 Cheers
ykbce
Level 3

Any updates on the problems with Form 8606?  

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Noting official, but updates usually happen on Thursdays, hopefully that fix will be included.

ykbce
Level 3

I can only pray they get this fixed.  Thank you for your reply

kharbourcpa
Level 2

Looks like they fixed the 8606!  WV Schedule M is still incorrect for the Federal charitable contribution add back. Baby steps....I'll override it.

0 Cheers