Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 7203 Availability date of 3/31

Boomer
Level 1

OK...Pro Series will have the Form 7203, which basically takes the basis information that the program has always provided and puts it into an "Official" form.  And now you are telling us the Form won't be ready until 2 weeks (3/31) after the due date for the S-Corp tax returns!!!  You have got to be kidding...we have known about this requirement for months now...why isn't this being fast tracked?  Getting really tired of all these "work arounds" this year with attaching a pdf file.  Time is of the essence during tax season and all of these work arounds just slow us down even more...thanks for nothing!

0 Cheers
6 Comments 6
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

I am under the impression that the 7203 is an individual form, not a business return form.

IE: It is an attachment to the 1040, not the 1120-S.

Oh, and when you google form 7203 and look at the IRS pdf of the form it still says Draft NOT FOR FILING.

Screenshot 2022-02-10 074359.jpg

Kind of hard for the software companies to provide this form in the 1040 module (where it is needed) before the IRS releases the final version. (Now it is possible the IRS has released the final version, but not updated their on line link, but I can't verify that.)

IRonMaN
Level 15

If you know about the requirements, then you already know the 7203 is a 1040 form so the 7203 delay doesn't affect getting corporate tax returns done timely.

Slava Ukraini!
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

If your 1040 returns that this applies to really cant wait until 3/31, you could always fill out by hand and attach the PDF.  This might help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmzTX007FhI

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Carey
Level 1

This is insane! Other software providers are already letting their customers file, what is going on Intuit!!!

0 Cheers
2020 quote
Level 1

I totally agree .....110% !! I am a 67 year old sole proprietor in Eastern NC with a farmer's deadline of March 1. What in the heck am I supposed to do  ?

Hell....Lacerte won't even release the NC software....I can't even SEE what I have input!! Other CPAs around me using other software have had NC for weeks, even though those in power STILL refuse to let us efile in this great state  !!

Form 7203 is required for several of my farming clients. ....any suggestions Lacerte..or IRS as to what I'm supposed to do? Late filing penalties appear to be a likely outcome if the form is not finalized until after the deadline ...or amended returns a distinct possibility which my clients will not begin to understand. This is ALL TOTAL B.S. !!!!!!

0 Cheers
taxiowa
Level 9
Level 9

I know this is of little condolence, but I have filed 5 farmers already by attaching a .pdf of 7203.  I did not like it but at least I have them out the door. Whether the IRS ultimately likes it, I don't know.  But at least i covered mine.