Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 541 - Schedule D - How to remove the "extra lines" it has somehow generated permanently?

kern
Level 3

This is a ridiculous question - sorry!

I have a schedule D (Form 541) that suddenly has extra lines.

I have attempted to right-click, delete line, save file. It all works fine until I either want to efile or request signatures and then the lines reappear and it errors out and can't go anywhere.

Has anyone seen this? Know how to permanently remove this craziness?

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
It must be pulling them from the federal return somehow, you sure you don't have any lines with blank ghosted spaces in them on the federal return?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
It must be pulling them from the federal return somehow, you sure you don't have any lines with blank ghosted spaces in them on the federal return?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
kern
Level 3

Thank you Lisa!!

I should have mentioned - that was my first thought as well, however, I'm not finding any random blanks.

Scratch that. I went back and checked again. There was a missing date. I suspect I entered it and exited without saving.

Okay - here's a tip for everyone.  DO NOT leave a date blank by accident. It may insert random lines.

I had a date blank on fed side. Cleared that up. Went back and deleted excess line (again) on state side.

Saved it again and we are back in business.