Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 4852

HOPE2
Level 8

Hi to all.

1- I want to fill out form 4852 but I do not know how to do it in Proseries. I have Fed EIN but I do not have CA EIN. I think I should link all info of a w-2 to form 4852 that automatically fill out form 4852  from there. New for this part.

2- Can we E-file form 4852?

Any help would be great

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
sewcpa
Level 5

[I do not have experience with your CA situation]  But for IRS efile works well with 4852 as long as you have the EIN

Enter the W-2 info on the normal W-2 worksheet. About half way down the page there is an area to explain how you got the amounts and what you have done to try to get the real form, then link to the substitute 4852. 

Intuit says that they mark the W-2 as non-conforming and do not send the 4852 (4852 is available for paper copy)

Maybe your client can phone his employer/former employer for the CA EIN#  or get the # former another co-worker who has their real W-2?

Good Luck 

HOPE2
Level 8

Intuit says that they mark the W-2 as non-conforming and do not send the 4852 (4852 is available for paper copy)

Thanks but what does mean above sentence you mentioned.

I did what you explained and thanks again but still I have a red error in part of Employer's state I.D. in W-2 worksheet and client does not know about this also can not reach to employer too.

0 Cheers
sewcpa
Level 5

The non-conforming or altered box lets IRS know that either original W-2 was not available or you had to "fix" it to enter (like a transposed SSN that will get correction from employer eventially) It works well in efile as long as you have EIN

I am in TX so I do not have to deal with many California W-2.  I glare at clients if they think about moving to states that have income tax!

You could probably get the IRS return to clear efile by telling the program to NOT do error ck as you efile BUT that would give you more grief when you go to the state filing. So you will need to try to get the state # from somewhere (the company payroll dept or another employee or the prior yr return if he was a long term employee--research the options with client) because you know that CA does not want a paper filing.

0 Cheers
HOPE2
Level 8

Thanks

I gave that box, Employer California I.D., a number randomly to remove an error till to find real number but part of CAL says since I have 4852 I am not able to E-FILE! I confused for this part as well.

You could probably get the IRS return to clear efile by telling the program to NOT do error ck as you efile BUT that would give you more grief when you go to the state filing.

To be honest I did not get above one. NOT do , and BUT

0 Cheers