Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 3895 CA Health Care

bm
Level 3

On CA State Dependents are not allowed to be entered in the form.

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
then you would report the 1095A and 3895 on the kids returns, you wouldn't include them on the parents 1095A/3895 forms.
Down at the bottom of the 1095A/3895 you would allocate the parents % to that return as well as use the allocation on each of the kids returns.
You wouldn't list all people on all returns.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

8 Comments 8
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

On the 3895 you can click that box at the top of Part I and the dependents listed on the return will flow over into the Form 3895.

3895.png

0 Cheers
bm
Level 3

Thanks! for your prompt reply but in my client case dependents are on their own so they are not in 1040 while federal 1040 it allows me to enter Form 1095-A for TP SP & Dep but on CA State moment I enter it does not take.

Appreciate a reply on this. 

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
then you would report the 1095A and 3895 on the kids returns, you wouldn't include them on the parents 1095A/3895 forms.
Down at the bottom of the 1095A/3895 you would allocate the parents % to that return as well as use the allocation on each of the kids returns.
You wouldn't list all people on all returns.

bm
Level 3

Thanks!

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Did I explain it right? (Im reading what I wrote and kind of confused myself)

The 1095A/3895 goes on the parents return as well as the adult kids returns, allocating the % for each...so the parents could take 34% allocation and each of the 2 adult kids could take 33%, or whatever % works out best for everyone involved.

0 Cheers
mctax
Level 2

I found this form once, filled it in, saved the file, went back in and the form is gone.  Cannot find it either under Form Search.  

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

You wont find it in the federal return, only in CA.

cA3895.png

0 Cheers
HOPE2
Level 8

Hi Lisa. I can not see 3895 on CA forms or in Healthcare Entry Sheet. So weird!

0 Cheers