Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 2848 & 8821

QuickRick
Level 3

This is a complaint.

Since I've downgraded by software to PS Basic Unlimited + 15 business returns I've been dealing with the typical distractions associated with what I used to be able to do with the full package and what I'm now unable to do with Basic.

There have been several areas where Intuit has crippled the Basic product that are notable and affect my practice. But here's the one that's been burning my butt this afternoon.

Where are Forms 2848 & 8821? Do you think that because I've downgraded my practice as I head towards retirement that I no longer need to intercede with the IRS on behalf of my clients or are you just trying to make me feel the pain point?

To be sure, putting those back in the software don't make it worth the price difference in the full package and the crippled version you've labeled "Basic"....but it certainly presents an inconvenience and once again makes me consider what other options outside the Intuit world might be more attractive.

This is a no-brainer, Intuit. Fix it!! 

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

9 Comments 9
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
How often do you need a 2848 or 8821? Ive got close to 600 clients and need an 8821 maybe 2-3 times a year.

The savings on a Basic package would more than compensate for the loss of these 2 forms that can be filled in and downloaded for free from IRS.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

@QuickRick 

We are just fellow software users, trying to help each other out.

Complaining to US doesn't do any good, as we can't *fix* a damned thing.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

There is nothing to "fix".  You are using different software that has fewer features.  If you want the more features, you need to pay for software that has those features.

qbteachmt
Level 15

"There have been several areas where Intuit has crippled the Basic product that are notable and affect my practice."

So you do a cost analysis to determine if your decision to move down to Basic was a good decision or not, given how weird tax preparation is becoming.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
brill1ant
Level 2

Have you not heard its free free free to direct sale clients and to accountants its pay pay pay.

Upgrade to a different software next time. Ha ha ha Intuit.

0 Cheers
QuickRick
Level 3

Sorry, I thought Intuit might occasionally listen in to see what users are saying.

0 Cheers
QuickRick
Level 3

Probably right...maybe Drake Software.

0 Cheers
QuickRick
Level 3

Yep. I get it.

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

"Sorry, I thought Intuit might occasionally listen in to see what users are saying."

Yes, you have other options:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/tax-return/help/pay-per-return-ppr-guidelines/00/5802

The initial complaint that a Basic program, literally labeled as Basic, doesn't include more stuff, seems a bit misdirected. If you buy a Hyundai, you are not getting all the bells and whistles of a Bentley. You know that.

But complaining on the peer user forum doesn't get anything accomplished.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers