Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 2441 not available in Proseries Basic?

TKOTaxPrep
Level 1

I have a client qualifying for the child care credit but each time I bring up torm 2441 I get the message "Child Tax Cr is not included in ProSeries Basic Edition" and to visit the IRS to get the form. 've not seen any alerts or otherwise understood that the form2441 is not available in Proseries Basic. Am I going to have to fill it out manually and attach a pdf? That stinks. I've completed the dependency information in the information worksheet and all lines on the form 2441 and it's clearly not an input error. I also I am confused why the program is saying "Child Tax Cr" and not "Credit for Child and Dependent Care expenses" (which is form 2441). 

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
IRonMaN
Level 15

Try refreshing your updates.

Slava Ukraini!
TKOTaxPrep
Level 1

I did update but it didn't fix anything. I called Proseries help but they didn't have an answer. But after more research, I've concluded that there isn't a real problem, just a program glitch. While I see two differently labeled tabs for Form 2441 (one called "Child Care" and the other "Child Care Cr", the credit is accurately calculated and appropriately only carries over to the Schedule 3 once. When I go to the checklist tab and click on "Child and Dependent Care Credit" I am taken to the more recent Form 2441 (the one labeled "Child Care"). When I go to print the return, only one form 2441 appears. Since I delete the 2441 appearing under the "Child Care Cr" tab by right-clicking, I suspect a programming error occurred when Proseries finalized the form. Since they gave the revised form a new tab name, I believe the old form is just hung up in some kind of Proseries 'purgatory', appearing on the screen but not factored into the return. I just wish I could delete it. 

0 Cheers