Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 2441 E-File Reject Error

tracyb
Level 2

Problem has been fixed! Spoke with someone at ProSeries on the phone.

I have a client who has three children present on the return. Two qualify for the child and dependent care credit and I have filled out form 2441 and included the amounts paid for each child on the Info Worksheet. The return keeps getting rejected with error code F2441-524 which says "each Qualifying Person Name Control and and the corresponding Line 2 column b SSN must match data from the IRS Master File". The error states that it's the 1st qualifying child listed on the form that's the problem.

I've double checked the information for each child and confirmed it's correct. However, I removed the first child listed on form 2441 and then added him back in so now he is listed on form 2441 as the second child. I then received the same rejection error for the qualifying child listed on line 1. So I'm getting the same rejection error no matter which child is listed on line 1 of the form which doesn't make sense.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

5 Comments 5
JFB968
Level 3

I AM GETTING THE SAME ISSUE TODAY AND HAVE TRIED THE SAME THINGS YOU DID.  WHAT WAS THE SOLUTION?  IS IT A PROBLEM THAT PROSERIES TECH SUPPORT NEEDS TOWORK WITH IN ORDER TO FIX??

0 Cheers
Jessica S
Level 1

My apologies, I don't remember what the solution is now. I would recommend calling ProSeries Tech Support.

0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

Have you entered Child care amount paid on the Federal Information Worksheet for each child on F2441

and have you checked the box at top of F2441  under B....for principal place of abode  ?

JFB968
Level 3

I had NOT checked the BOX B on 2441.  I just corrected that and re-filed.  Fingers Crossed.  Thanks so much to all for the help.

JFB968
Level 3

I had so much hoped that this was going to be the fix, but I got the same reject back again.  Guess I'm on the phone now.

Return Rejected
Code: F2441-524
Form: 0(00)
Line #:
Description: *****1078(/efile:Return/efile:ReturnData/efile:IRS2441[1]/efile:QualifyingPersonGrp[1]/efile:QualifyingPersonSSN)
Error Detail:
Form 2441, Part II, Line 2 column a, each Qualifying Person Name Control (first 4 characters of last name) and the corresponding Line 2 column b, 'Qualifying Person SSN' must match data from the IRS Master File.
Error Resolution:
The IRS has rejected this return because the Qualifying Person's Social Security Number and last name (first 4 characters) do not match the IRS data base as received from the Social Security Administration. If more than one qualifying person is present on Form 2441, review the Description above. In the path statement presented, the [?] will identify the number of the qualifying person that is causing this reject. For example: "[2]" will identify the second qualifying person from the top.
1. Verify the qualifying child's Social Security Number (SSN) matches his or her Social Security Card.
2. Verify there are no misspellings or transpositions in the last name, SSN, and year of birth and that the middle initial and suffix has been entered in their designated field(s).
3. If the qualifying person's last name changed (e.g., divorce, adoption) and the taxpayer notified the Social Security Administration (SSA), call the SSA at (800) 772-1213 to verify the qualifying person's SSN and last name on file.
OR
If the taxpayer did not notify the SSA of the child's name change, notify the SSA of the qualifying child's new name change, wait four weeks, then re-file the return.

0 Cheers