Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 2210

HOPE2
Level 8

Form 2210 populated for my client and when I checked mark box C the red error disappeared from left pane. Client has $45 penalty on page 2 of 1040 as well before checked mark of box C,  after it was marked $45 penalty disappeared on page 2 of 1040 and the penalty deducted from the refund amount.

If I don not chechmark box C, the $45 penalty back to page 2 on 1040.

Also the top of the form 2210 says not ready to EF till 03/17/2022!!! I was wondering the reason form 2210 was populated is because of underpayment estimated tax or.... and the way I did it is right? I called many times ProSeries Support team no one answered!!!!!!!!!

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

If you check box C that means you want the IRS to calculate the penalty, and not the software. If you don't check box C, then the software will calculate the penalty and put it on the 1040 page 2. Just FYI that form is not ready to be e-filed until March, so if your client has an under withholding penalty, you can't e-file until March    

HOPE2
Level 8

If I do not check box C, red error not disappear so what can I do? how can I E-file since client is in a hurry.

IRonMaN
Level 15

According to Intuit, your client evidently has a bad habit of wanting to file early.  When I posed the question why the form wasn't going to be ready until 3/17, they told me the timeline was based on taxpayer habits.

Slava Ukraini!
IntuitGabi

Thank you for your feedback!

Continue to view ProSeries Forms Availability for updates on specific forms. 

0 Cheers