Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 2210 Global Option (Miscellaneous) to have IRS calculate penalty not carrying to form

PJP
Level 2

We have the Global Option (Miscellaneous) to have IRS calculate penalty.  Box C on Form 2210 is not automatically being checked.

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rbynaker
Level 13

@PJP wrote:

We have the Global Option (Miscellaneous) to have IRS calculate penalty.  Box C on Form 2210 is not automatically being checked.

That might only apply to newly created tax returns, not transferred ones.  Try playing around with that and see if that might be the case.  There have been a bunch of complaints this year about the 2210 so it's just as likely that the PS programmers just broke something that ignores the global option.  <shrug>

View solution in original post

5 Comments 5
IRonMaN
Level 15

Part of the problem could be that fact that the form isn't going to me ready until 3/17.

Slava Ukraini!
abctax55
Level 15

When do we start the counter on this one?

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
IRonMaN
Level 15

Based on taxpayer habits, I doubt if we will need a counter on this one 😬

Slava Ukraini!
rbynaker
Level 13

@PJP wrote:

That might only apply to newly created tax returns, not transferred ones.  Try playing around with that and see if that might be the case.  There have been a bunch of complaints this year about the 2210 so it's just as likely that the PS programmers just broke something that ignores the global option.  <shrug>

PJP
Level 2

Thank you.  I remember that problem with other things before.  That makes sense 🙂

0 Cheers