Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 1310

Kimmyjack
Level 4

I cannot get a return to efile with Form 1310?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

17 Comments 17
sjrcpa
Level 15

Neither can I.

Ex-AllStar
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I Efile returns with the 1310 all the time, it just depends on the circumstances of the representative appointment as to whether it can be Efiled or not.

If youve answered the questions on the 1310 accurately and it doesnt allow Efiling, you'll have to mail it in.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Kimmyjack
Level 4

I have had no problems in past years and have answered the questions the way I always have to get it to efile, but this year has been a problem.  Proseries even says that it should efile the way I have the answers, but IRS rejects it.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
try unchecking all the boxes at the top, and check the boxes at the bottom first (or vice versa)...I know I had a few that I had to fiddle around with which boxes I checked before I could get it to go.

Kimmyjack
Level 4

I can get rid of the error messages and am able to send the file to IRS, they just reject it because of the Form 1310.  I just need to know if that is normal or if I am doing something incorrect?

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

What are your specific circumstances?

Did you read the SPECIFIC INSTRUCTIONS on the  1310?

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
Kimmyjack
Level 4

This is a child claiming refund for their deceased parent.  I have several of these unfortunately.  I checked Box C and filled out Part II.  I have done this the same way for years, but this year, they are all being rejected by the IRS.  I can send manually, but manual returns are taking forever these days and trying to avoid that.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

How are you getting rid of the errors? Whats the IRS rejection message?

0 Cheers
TAXOH
Level 11

How is part II of the 1310 filled out?  I was able to efile one a few weeks ago.

0 Cheers
Kimmyjack
Level 4

Error Detail:
Form 1310, Last Name of Person Claiming Refund and SSN of Person Claiming Refund must match the IRS e-File database.

Error Resolution:
Review Form 1310, Statement of Person Claiming Refund Due a Deceased Taxpayer. The name and Social Security number for the Person Claiming the Refund does not match IRS records. The Social Security Administration provides this information to the IRS. Make sure the Refund Claimant's last name and Social Security number are entered correctly. You may need to confirm the Refund Claimant's personal information with the Social Security Administration. If SSA and/or IRS records need to be updated, wait four weeks before re-filing this return. If unable to resolve this problem, the return must be printed and filed by mail.

0 Cheers
Kimmyjack
Level 4

There was no problem last year when they were alive.

0 Cheers
Kimmyjack
Level 4

Error Detail:
The Primary SSN on the tax return has been locked because Social Security Administration records indicate the number belongs to a deceased individual

Error Resolution:
The taxpayer's SSN has been locked by the Social Security Administration because their records show it belongs to someone who is deceased.

Verify that the taxpayer's Social Security Number (SSN) has been entered correctly. If necessary make corrections and resubmit this return.

The IRS receives this information from the Social Security Administration. If after verifying the social security number, you feel this was received in error, contact the Social Security Administration (SSA) at 800-772-1213 to verify that their records are accurate. If SSA records need to be corrected, it can take up to four weeks to transfer the updated information to the IRS. Wait four weeks and then re-file the return.

If the reject continues, or if you do not want to wait four weeks to re-file electronically, you may print this return and mail it to the appropriate IRS Service Center.

0 Cheers
TAXOH
Level 11

Check the name and social security number of the person claiming the refund,  not the deceased.

Kimmyjack
Level 4

Box C, left a will, will pay expenses accordingly.  no one was appointed or will be.

0 Cheers
Kimmyjack
Level 4

You are brilliant.  Key punch error.  

0 Cheers
TAXOH
Level 11

You posted two different error messages.  One is the name and social security number of the person claiming the refund didn't match.  The other error message you posted says the social security number of the deceased has been locked....with this error message the return will need mailed in.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Error Detail:
The Primary SSN on the tax return has been locked because Social Security Administration records indicate the number belongs to a deceased individual

Yep, paper filing is your only option, theyve been dead too long to Efile, IRS already locked their SSN,