Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 1310 will not e-file in 2019

Penni
Level 2

Have e-filed a 2019 return with Form 1310.  Keeps getting rejected with error of "known issue in the program with Form 1310. It will be fixed in future release."  Talked with ProSeries tonight and they say they do not have a date this will be fixed. It is a formatting issue with ProSeries.  Don't want to paper file cause who knows when anyone will look at it.

Does anyone have any thoughts?  Thinking maybe I could print the Form 1310 and scan in and attach as a PDF and remove the form in tax return.  Not sure I can remove form with creating an error. Would appreciate any thoughts.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PATAX
Level 15

Real Simple Solution Penni.. If you cannot  efile the return because of e-file errors simply ask the client if they wish to mail it and then you can attach anything you want to it. Just my opinion

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
PATAX
Level 15

Real Simple Solution Penni.. If you cannot  efile the return because of e-file errors simply ask the client if they wish to mail it and then you can attach anything you want to it. Just my opinion

0 Cheers
WJPooh1970
Level 1

I had this same issue with 2019 ProSeries!!!

Deceased passed in March 2020, we went to file 2019 return. We had to mail it in because I had this SAME ERROR! We mailed in the Form 1310 to the IRS with the 2019 Return, so there is no reason I shouldn't be able to (in 2020 ProSeries) select B (Part 1) and also B1 (If box B is check the court certificate of appointment has been sent to the IRS). File it and be done.

I am very upset that they haven't fixed it - how is this possible???

The estate is wanting to close out their bank account and distribute proceeds and cannot do that until the refund is processed. 

How is it I can file the 1041 that owes money electronically without an issue, yet the refund is causing a error that does not allow it to proceed!.

I will be calling tech support in the morning to demand a fix for this nonsense!.