Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 1099-SA

Donnak
Level 2

Client received Form-1099-SA for distribution from HSA for qualified medical expenses.  Instructions are to use Form 8889 to show amount received, but its not working for me.  What am I missing?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Open the 1099SA worksheet and fill it in.  YOU dont enter any figures on the 8889 itself.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

6 Comments 6
Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

Hopefully basic has the line 3 smart worksheet or you can use line 2 to enter contributions. Entering the 1099SA be sure to check the box used for medical expenses or enter the partial amount on the worksheet.

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround
qbteachmt
Level 15
Donnak
Level 2

Thanks for the reply.  But this still does not work.  I searched Form 8889 line by line numerous and could not find a place that I could enter the dollar amount and the distribution code. 

qbteachmt
Level 15

"I searched Form 8889 line by line numerous and could not find a place that I could enter the dollar amount and the distribution code."

Are you in the right place? You start with the 1099-SA, for the distribution info.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Open the 1099SA worksheet and fill it in.  YOU dont enter any figures on the 8889 itself.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Donnak
Level 2

Got it!!!

Thank you for your suggestion.  As it turns out, I was entering the form number incorrectly in the "Forms Lookup".  Once I entered the correct form number, the Form 1040-SA Worksheet  popped up and I completed the form.

Thanks again.  Its been a long day.