Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 1099-G

Fredtax
Level 3

Form 1099-G not accepting year as 2021 even though it is the 2021 form

0 Cheers
16 Comments 16
PATAX
Level 15

If it is for unemployment compensation, do you have to enter the year? I think doesn't it assume it is the current year for unemployment compensation. If not then you will have to wait for an update. Just my opinion.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Yea, looks like it still needs an update.  It auto populates 2020 and the line below that mentions 2019, so it looks like the worksheet just hasnt been updated yet.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
IRonMaN
Level 15

Opening day just over a week away - who is brave enough to e-file😮

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

I will wait and let the other ones become Sir Braveheart or whatever his name was. I always wait until the first week of February, if clients have ants in their pants, then they can get lost. Just my opinion.

IRonMaN
Level 15

You don't want clients with ants in their pants.  Once they leave the office you have to call in an exterminator and those guys don't work for free.

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

Yeah you're right. I have some extra Seresto flea and tick collars for Heidi, and maybe I will put that around their necks. They will think it's some new fancy trendy necklace, and I will be doing them a favor.😉👍🐕

IRonMaN
Level 15

Well, with their fancy new necklaces, your client base should be easy to identify when you are out and about around town

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

When I see some of them around town, I just pretend like I have amnesia. Because you know they always have questions to ask and get some free advice.😉

IRonMaN
Level 15

Get one of those old taxi cab meters and hook it on your belt.  Once they start asking, pull down the lever to get the meter started.  After a couple of bills, they will start leaving you alone.

Slava Ukraini!
Camp1040
Level 10

That sounds like something Sven or Ole would do!

IRonMaN
Level 15

Every now and then they do come up with a good idea.

Slava Ukraini!
Fredtax
Level 3

Do not have any returns ready. Anyone with investments will not be ready before Feb 15th, probably a good thing

PATAX
Level 15

Yea, how many times have we received corrected 1099 forms from the brokerage houses, etc.. Some clients get a corrected form almost every year it seems.

IRonMaN
Level 15

I have a client that received a corrected 1099 the last two years from his investment peoples in September.  Thanks for getting that updated so timely😯

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

@IRonMaN if you had to correct that return, after getting the corrected form(s) in September, if you charged for preparing corrected return, did you send the bill to the entity that was responsible for the issue of the corrected 1099 form in September?

IRonMaN
Level 15

The net tax difference wasn't big enough to mess with so no need to amend either year.  But really, these places sometimes have no concept of time or deadlines. 

Slava Ukraini!