Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 1095-A, Column B

taxladyworking
Level 3

Client received a 1095-A for the 2022 tax year with Part III, Column A filed in but with zeros in columns B &C. The client paid all of her premiums for the year and received no offset. When I enter the information into the Form 1095-A in Proseries and enter only the amount she paid in column A and zeros in Column B & C, the program gives me an error reading because it wants something other than a zero in column B. Can I enter the same amount in column B as I have in column A to solve this. It does not affect the premium tax credit since she paid all of the premiums herself. Thoughts regarding this?

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Youre supposed to use the Healthcare.gov Tax Tool to find Column B. Then leave Column C blank

https://www.healthcare.gov/tax-tool/#/

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

10 Comments 10
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Youre supposed to use the Healthcare.gov Tax Tool to find Column B. Then leave Column C blank

https://www.healthcare.gov/tax-tool/#/

taxladyworking
Level 3

Perfect! Thank you.

Colmatt
Level 5

Same situation but gov tool routes you to Maine if Maine taxpayer and not so easy.  This is high income taxpayer so there will be no PTC.  I know I can't leave the 1095-A off return but is there something I can do to get rid of error and file?  Leave off and attach PDF titled PTC and explain no 1095-A info included? That doesn't seem like it could work......

Thanks

0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

It looks like Maine's is similar to the Federal:

https://tax-tool.coverme.gov/

Hypothetically you could check that box and enter an explanation (or just enter $0.01 for each SLCSP), but unless you are absolutely 100% sure there would be no credit, I would recommend looking up the SLCSP.

Colmatt
Level 5

That was easy, now I can enter that amount.  Does the IRS not match for the same amount on the original form? 

Thank you so much.

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

Apparently not since a lot of them go out with nothing in that column.

Ex-AllStar
MarilouNY
Level 1

After using the tool  Healthcare.gov they lead me to the NYS Marketplace and no other information to get the amount - 

why wasn't the Healthcare.gov show the amount calculated for column B

I read TurboTax was able to help get the amount - how can ProSeries help?

0 Cheers
MarilouNY
Level 1

after using the Tool ( thanks !!) it lead back to NYS Marketplace

and no where can I see a site for the amounts or entry - should I login to the NY Marketplace ??

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Call the NY Marketplace Helpline and ask them how to find it

0 Cheers

Thank you so much.  I came up against this for the first time this year (April, 2024), and your answer was right on the mark!

0 Cheers