Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 1065 Schedule K-1

stellex356
Level 2

I am preparing a 1065 LLC return with 2 members. I entered the first member's information and I'm getting an error for his social security number. What am I missing?

Secondly, when I try to add the second member on the K-1 Wks, the box lists the first member however the add new tab is grayed out. What am I missing?

This is a new client that I am entering for the first time.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dkh
Level 15

@stellex356    Did you get your second member entered?     When you are on the K1 Worksheet for member 1....... go to the bottom right of the info entry box where it says Partner #1 and use the down arrow to get to next entry screen.       

You will get an error for the SS# of member 1 until you have added member 2.  It is a safeguard to prevent filing a single member LLC on Form 1065.

Hope this helps.  

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
dascpa
Level 11

You will typically get that error until you enter all the members/partners/stockholders. Until you hit 100% ownership the program displays different error messages.

stellex356
Level 2

Is that why it won't let me add a second member?

0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

@stellex356    Did you get your second member entered?     When you are on the K1 Worksheet for member 1....... go to the bottom right of the info entry box where it says Partner #1 and use the down arrow to get to next entry screen.       

You will get an error for the SS# of member 1 until you have added member 2.  It is a safeguard to prevent filing a single member LLC on Form 1065.

Hope this helps.  

stellex356
Level 2

Thank you! That worked.