Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 1041 - Depreciation for Grantor Trust

IsItOverYet999
Level 1

I am preparing a Form 1041 for a grantor trust in ProSeries Professional.  There are two rental properties in the trust, so I need to prepare something like a Schedule E, so I can compute the income from the properties.  I also need to compute the depreciation for each property.  The problem is, if I use the Schedule E and depreciation worksheets, the income flows to the page 1 of the Form 1041, which is incorrect for a grantor trust.  The income should be reported on the Grantor Information Statement; all the amounts on the Form 1041 should be zero for a grantor trust.

Is there anyway around this?  Is there anyway I can use the Schedule  E and Depreciation Worksheet without having the amounts flow to the Form 1041?  Or, am I going to have to start a separate ProSeries file for the rental properties and then just enter the calculated amounts manually on the Grantor Information Statement?

Many thanks for any insights.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here