Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forem 1099b

Leetpurple
Level 3

Can stock transactions be posted as totals on form 1099b in Box A and D to transfer to Schedule D boxes 1a and 8a without having to enter them separately?  Do wash sales have to be entered separately? Thanks in advance for any help and guidance.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Leetpurple
Level 3

Ha, ha, that's for sure!  I aged a bit and pulled out some hair, but I figured it out.  It's complicated.  Any transaction that doesn't have an adjustment, such as a wash sale, can be entered at the top of form 1099B worksheet.  All others have to listed separately, and then added together. 

View solution in original post

3 Comments 3
PATAX
Level 15

Do a search on this forum and you should be able to find the answer to this .... You may also want to consider whether the state wants the detail on the  state return... just my opinion

IRonMaN
Level 15

That's assuming the search function works. 😱

Slava Ukraini!
Leetpurple
Level 3

Ha, ha, that's for sure!  I aged a bit and pulled out some hair, but I figured it out.  It's complicated.  Any transaction that doesn't have an adjustment, such as a wash sale, can be entered at the top of form 1099B worksheet.  All others have to listed separately, and then added together.