Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Foreign Tax Credit

tscott1205
Level 4

Does North Carolina taxpayers allow the foreign taxes paid (to another country) on investments to be taken as the credit for taxes paid to another state or country

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PATAX
Level 15

Tscott, I was curious about this and since I am pretty good on searching I came across a couple articles on the internet that indicate that you may be able to, i.e. North Carolina is one of the few states that apparently do allow this. There is an article on the web from I believe the North Carolina Association of CPAs from several years ago that deals with this, do a search for this article and read this for yourself and hopefully it'll explain it....Hope this helps... just my opinion

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
1 Comment 1
PATAX
Level 15

Tscott, I was curious about this and since I am pretty good on searching I came across a couple articles on the internet that indicate that you may be able to, i.e. North Carolina is one of the few states that apparently do allow this. There is an article on the web from I believe the North Carolina Association of CPAs from several years ago that deals with this, do a search for this article and read this for yourself and hopefully it'll explain it....Hope this helps... just my opinion

0 Cheers