Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I indicate on form 1065 that rental activity is not qualified business income?

tdtd
Level 1

Rental activity on the 1065 is automatically reflected on the k-1's as code Z, qualified business income. How can I tell the software that this activity is not QBI?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Kathi_at_Intuit
Employee
Employee

For the 1065 there is no checkbox to state whether or not it is a qualified trade or business. An adjusting entry would have to be made. In the Partnership return from the Open Forms menu (F6), type 199a to select the Section 199A Activity Worksheet. In the 199a Activity Worksheet, line 1b you would be able to enter the amount that needs to be adjusted. I know that an enhancement has been entered in hopes that this will be added to a future update of ProSeries.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
1 Comment 1
Kathi_at_Intuit
Employee
Employee

For the 1065 there is no checkbox to state whether or not it is a qualified trade or business. An adjusting entry would have to be made. In the Partnership return from the Open Forms menu (F6), type 199a to select the Section 199A Activity Worksheet. In the 199a Activity Worksheet, line 1b you would be able to enter the amount that needs to be adjusted. I know that an enhancement has been entered in hopes that this will be added to a future update of ProSeries.

0 Cheers