Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fixed Asset Manager reporting disposals by category

Hub
Level 4

I have been using Fixed Asset Manager for about a year now and have not be able to print reports that will show the asset categories, such as computers, equipment etc. that will show the disposals in each category so we can tie the ending cost and accumulated depreciation totals by category to the general ledger.  We maintain all of our clients in QB and by category and also have to file property tax statements annually which require category reports.  

Have been through all the FAM menus and do not see any help on designing this report.

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

Ok.. so when you click on the "disposal"  the second line says sales description.

In this box enter the category that the asset is in... simple as that.

i normally just use 'sales" or "trade-in' there, but easily you could do

Vehicles-Sales

Vehicles-Trade

Equipment-Sales

etc

Then when ready to print>>reports>>Display Reports>>scroll down to >>Asset disposition by Sale Description.

I am assuming that when you set up the Client >>>

Client Information>>>Category>>>you use this to set up your categories (vehicles, f&F, Equipment, Intangibles, etc), and under Groupings on each asset's main screen, you indicate which of the saved categories that asset belongs to.

I use that report on every client that has dispositions to match up 4797s, gain/loss on Disposition, etc

FAM also, in reports, has the "personal property by year of acquisition" report which i use foe my personal property tax filings. setting us assets defaults to personal property, so you need to "uncheck" that in the first part of the general asset info for buildings, land, intangibles, etc

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.
0 Cheers
Hub
Level 4

I see the asset disposition report and have used that as well as the 4797, however how can I get a category report for book purposes (or tax for that matter) that shows all the current assets, the depreciation and the disposals total for that category.  I would like a report to show all the assets in the category such as the category report, but then show the total dispositions at the end of each category so that the final totals for the particular category agree to the general ledger.  I understand all the input screens and the disposition screen, it is the report display that is not putting the disposition totals after "each" category.

\Thanks

0 Cheers