Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fixed Asset deletions

Hub
Level 4

I use FAM for depreciation and want to import into ProSeries.  How do I delete all the assets that are already in the return so the import will be the numbers I want to use.  The numbers in ProSeries are incorrect and I have issues with the MACRS tables error codes.  Should be a very simple way to delete all the fixed assets from the return prior to the import.  

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

3 Comments 3
dkh
Level 15

What type of return ?  1040,  1120S,  1065?     If you are talking Sched C or Sched F or Sched E in a 1040 return,  you can open the Schedule then  Ctrl+W  -  Warning!  this will delete the schedule, all supporting statements and all assets.     Or you can open each asset then Ctrl+W  to delete one asset at a time

Hub
Level 4

The returns I am currently dealing with are 1120s, 1120 and 1065.  Deleting one asset at a time is time consuming and ridiculous.  None of these have Sch C, E or F.

Seems like this should be an easy solution, but then again I am finding out ProSeries has many issues.

jttaxman
Level 1

Under the Depreciation 4562 there are 4 icons. The Fixed Asset Import button click it.
A screen pops up at the bottom there is an option clear all. You must first select the type and the activity than Clear all fixed assets or replace all or add fixed.

0 Cheers